What Is Collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body which acts like glue that holds our body together. It is vital for the structure, elasticity, flexibility and strength of hair, skin, nails, bones, tendons and ligaments.
Collagen forms ~30% of total body protein with 70-80% of skin made up of collagen.
The two most common types of collagen are Type 1 and Type 2. Type 1 is found throughout the entire body. It is the collagen that helps provides structure to our skin, bones and tendons. Type 2 is the most important part found in elastic cartilage which cushions your joints.
Does collagen depletes?
- After the age of 25, the body’s natural collagen produce is reduced by 1% each year.
- Ageing, smoking, excess sugar, UV rays, excess alcohol, processed food, stress, pollution speeds up the decrease of collagen production and innate reserves.
- Lower collagen content results in noticeable lack of skin firmness, loss of elasticity, dry skin, inability to retain skin moisture and luminosity.
Produced each year after the age of 20
Produced each year after the age of 40
Produced each year after the age of 60
Is collagen important for bone health?
Collagen forms an integral part of the musculoskeletal system:
- 30% of Bones –which gives structure and strength (mainly Type I collagen)
- > 80% dry weight of Tendons (mainly Type I collagen)
- ~75% dry weight of Ligaments (mainly Type I collagen)
- ~60% dry weight of Cartilage (mostly Type II collagen)
- 6% of Muscle weight (Type I and III collagen)
As collagen deteriorates with age, so does its toll on knee, feet and rest of the body:
- Bone mass which may lead to osteoporosis (low bone density, higher bone fractures)
- Collagen and elastin cushions in joints thin out over the years with wear and tear.
How much of BIOHACK Nordic+ should I consume?
Best taken early morning or before sleep on an empty stomach.
- Ages 20 – 30: Take 2 sachet daily for 14 days with 1 sachet alternate day.
- Ages 30 – 45: Take 2 sachets daily for at least 14 days. At least 1 sachet daily thereafter, up to 2 sachets.
- Age 45 and above: Take 2 sachets daily for at least 3 months. 1 sachet daily thereafter, up to 2 sachets.
Joint health/Knee pain/Brittle nails:
- Take 2 sachets daily for 2 – 4 weeks. 1 sachet daily thereafter.
How do I consume BIOHACK Nordic+?
Nordic+ is unflavoured with mild taste (it is collagen from wild cod fish skin after all). It is versatile and easily dissolves into a glass of water, coffee, tea or juice beverage, whether hot or cold. It can also be added into cereals, oats and smoothies for a booster.
What is the difference in BIOHACK Nordic+'s collagen, aloe vera and acerola?
BIOHACK prides in the transparency, source and quality of our nutrients.
- Many commercial collagen’s fish type and source is unclear. As it is consumed daily in concentrated quantity, Nordic+ uses only collagen from sustainable wild caught Norwegian artic cod’s skin. The raw material comes with certificate of analysis to ensure low heavy metal content.
- The aloe vera concentrate quality exceeds the requirements of the International Aloe Science Council certification with 3x the efficacy, benefits and performance of native aloe vera made possible through its unique patented manufacturing process.
- The acerola is 100% natural with vitamin C and antioxidant.
Nordic+ has halal certification from JAKIM and our ingredients have halal certificate from country of origin.
What are the benefits of collagen?
Nordic+’s collagen is sourced from seagarden-norway.com. A clinical study in 2017 shows that its collagen led to a significant increase in skin moisture, showing an average improvement of 34.8% rising to 80.1% at the highest.
- Increases skin elasticity and hydration
- Suppresses UV induced skin damage and photo aging
- Decreases wrinkle depth and volume
- Maintains joint health and reduce joint pain
- Improves cellulite and reduce stretch marks
- Oral intake of collagen peptide improves skin, hair and nail from within more than topical cream
What are the benefits of aloe vera concentrate?
Nordic+’s aloe vera is from Aloecorp ACTIValoe® (aloecorp.com) that not only exceeds the standards established by the International Aloe Science Council’s (IASC) Certification Program for content and purity. More importantly, its patented processing guarantees minimum of 10% polysaccharide (dry weight) retention with enhanced efficacy of aloe vera by increasing the polysaccharide content in the molecular range of 50,000 to 200,000 Daltons.
- Natural immunity booster
- Detoxifies and rejuvenates
- Supports digestive health
- Skin hydration